You may have read my recent musings on what to buy my daughter for her first birthday. Well with a few days to go before the big day, this is what she really likes to play with. I’m thinking I really should have saved my pennies because baby gal’s most favourite obsessions include:
1. A sweet potato, complete with string bag. It just keeps on being taken out of the cupboard, so much more interesting than the onions and garlic it sits alongside.
2. A paper Penny Farthing hand crafted by her brother. This masterpiece, stuck to a lolly stick, has a separate rider which has also been pulled apart, chewed and enjoyed by baby gal.
3. A stone. Not a small pebble, but a big old stone which we picked up on Caldy beach a few weeks ago. Perfect for dropping on toes, clobbering brothers with etc.
4. A Gruffalo notebook. She has been trying to write in this with a felt pen, doubling the excitement. Following in her parents’ journalistic footsteps perhaps?
5. A loom band bracelet, of course.
6. A plastic Darth Vader head. Even though it has a game inside, it’s just the head she likes. See number three, top weaponry.
7. A bow and arrow. Along the lines of numbers three and six, but the more dangerous the toy, the better. She especially likes taking the arrow in her fist and aiming it at my eye. Fabulous!
So although I am sticking with the gorgeous handmade doll for her birthday gift, I know she will still prefer the potato bag. Perfect gift wrap, perhaps?