Sometimes the products you use on your skin just don’t seem to work as well as they usually do and it’s time for a change. I find if I use the same creams on my face for a while I don’t feel as much of the benefit as I did when I first used them, so I like to swap things around every now and again.
The current stresses in my life are taking their toll on my skin and hair, and apart from the added wrinkles and grey hairs I’ve noticed my complexion is duller, my hair is frizzier and my nails are softer. I feel like all the goodness in my body is draining away and there’s nothing left for my poor face! I’ve been taking a skin, hair and nails vitamin supplement but as it’s only been a few weeks I’m not sure how much of a difference that’s made yet.
These are some of the new products I’ve been loving this month.
1. Clarins Tonic Bath and Shower Concentrate. I just love the smell of this range and how it makes you feel, like a herbal blast to wake you up in the shower each morning.
2. Balance Me Radiance Face Oil. I was sent this as a cheer up present from Vicki who writes the amazing beauty blog Let’s Talk Beauty. If you haven’t read her posts before please pop over and have a look. I was a bit wary of using an oil on my skin as I’ve used them before and always felt they’ve been a bit heavy and greasy to be honest. This is amazing and has improved the texture of my skin so much in such a short space of time, I love it! I’ve been using it in place of a serum morning and night, but I think a couple of times a week would be enough to see a benefit. Aside from the results, it smells amazing so gets my vote.
3. Seventeen BB Blemish Balm. This was also sent to me a while back by Bonita from Mamas VIB. I haven’t used Seventeen make up in years but this is a lovely light and sheer base for summer and again has improved the texture of my skin no end. I had been suffering a few break outs but switching from my heavier MAC foundation to this has given my skin a bit of a breather.
4. No 7 Protect and Perfect Eye Cream. The skin around my eyes has taken a battering from lack of sleep and lots of crying, and I never used to use an eye cream so thought seeing as I’m nearly 40, I’d better start! The product claims to reduce wrinkles within two weeks and I’ve definitely noticed the lines are finer and less noticeable.
5. Little Ondine nail polishes. These are made from natural ingredients, are odour free and peel off so there is no need to use harsh nail polish remover when you fancy a change. I was sent two colours to try, and really love the bright poppy colour ‘Love Letter’ for this time of year. The clear polish ‘Secret’ is nice as a base or top coat or just to neaten up your nails for every day. I love the fact they are all natural which means they are safe to use on your little ones’ tiny fingers and toes too.
Have you got any summer must have beauty items?